|Working Area||Focus Components||Supporter(s)/
|Capacity building on DRR||Oxfam GB|
POPI has been working with Oxfam in this field for long time as partner and implementing humanitarian capacity building project and developing organizational capacity as well in accordance with the organizational mandate and Oxfam’s aim. As part of organizational capacity development, it has already established an emergency ware house at Kishoregonj aiming to rapid response in Haor area and continuing implementation of Humanitarian Capacity Building project with the financial and technical support of Oxfam. The specific objective of this project is to ensure an effective and efficient response to the particular needs of women, men, children and other socially excluded marginalized and vulnerable groups. In the reporting quarter, POPI has implemented all staff orientation, conducted bi-monthly coordination meeting, formed women forum and organized meeting of the women forum and celebrated IDDR jointly with the Govt. officials.
To contribute to measurable improvements in the conditions of disaster affected populations in Bangladesh.
To ensure an effective and efficient response to the particular needs of women, men, children and other socially excluded marginalized and vulnerable groups.
1. Improved organizational capacity of organizations to respond to an emergency in a timely and effective manner.
2. Increased surge capacity at Oxfam and partners’ level in major sectors such as EFSVL, WASH, etc.
3. Improved practice of accountability through capturing, documenting and disseminating lessons learnt and demonstrating these during emergency programming.
4. Improved coordination among the key stakeholders (government + NGOs) through joined and coordinated effort in initiating emergency response
5. Increased numbers of women in a transformational leadership role to manage coordinate and implement humanitarian response in a more gender sensitive way with Oxfam and selected strategic partner organizations