|Working Area||Focus Components||Supporter(s)/
|Upazilas: Durgapur, Kalmakanda, Mohangonj and Khaliajuri
Basic & functional education
POPI is implementing Socio Economic Empowerment with Dignity & Sustainability (SEEDS) project from January’2014 at 12 Unions and 4 Upazilas of Netrakona District.. Among 10 upazilas, 04 lower performing upazillas have been selected for SEEDS Programme. These are Durgapur, Kolmakanda, Mohangonj and Khaliajuri under Netrakona District. The project area under Durgapur and Kolmakanda upazila are mainly ethnic prone remote hilly area while Mohongonj and Khalijuri upazila is socio-economical and environmentally vulnerable backward remote haor area. Nearly 55% people in Khaliajuri are living under poverty level. Most of the people are unable to manage three meals in a day. Dwelling houses are made by clay and straw. Around 30% roads are made by concrete and rests 70% are earthen. Ethnic people in this region suffered various problem like occupying of their lands by other sections of people. 70% percent of the peoples are dependent on agriculture as manual labourer or by share cropping. A large number of ethnic youths migrate every year to Dhaka in garments job/day labor as there is not enough opportunity for livelihoods engagement. Ethnic minority Hajong and Garo communities who live in Kalmakanda Upazila are deprived of education and extremely poor Bengal children of Khaliajuri Upazela who live at deep Haor areas difficult to reach are also deprived of education.
To improved economic status and enjoy the entitlement of 3500 poor and marginalized families of Netrakona district with dignity.
• People’s Organizations are functioning to address the rights issues of the marginalized communities
• 3,500 Marginalized families have improved sustainable livelihoods with dignity
• 3000 Eligible children have access to quality education to complete primary and secondary education.
• 4445 Adolescent/ Youths of marginalized community are socially and economically empowered.
• 3,800 MF members have better market opportunities and improved financial services